It’s Erol Alkan’s birthday, so we’re giving this classic mix from 2003 another spin…
Dance magazine cover CDs can often be a mixed bag, but every now and again, a mix comes along that is nothing other than essential listening.
So it was with One Louder, a maelstrom of house, post-punk, electro and synth pop compiled by Erol Alkan, which graced the cover of Muzik Magazine in July 2003.
At the time, Alkan was best known for Trash, arguably London’s most iconic Monday night club since Spectrum, which blended indie, electroclash, garage rock and pounding pounding techno music.
On top of that, he also held a series of one-off parties under the title One Louder – six in total – which inspired the mix in question.
Turn up that volume and get ready for 47 minutes and 44 seconds of aural ecstasy. Happy birthday Erol! 🙂
- Playgroup – Make It Happen (Zongamin Mix) (Edit)
- Mitsu – Hush
- Duran Duran – Girls On Film (Night Version)
- The Faint – The Conductor (Thin White Duke Remix) (Erol Alkan Re-Edit)
- Codec & Flexor- Crazy Girls Make My Heart Go Boom Boom
- Headman – It Rough (Chicken Lips Mix)
- Goldfrapp – Train (Ewan Pearson Dub Mix) / The Biz – Satisfaction (Acapella)
- Grand Popo Football Club – Men Are Not Nice Guys (Goldrun Remix)
- Tom Gillieron And Ravi McArthur – Now It’s Dark
- Kiko- Italomatic (Kiko & The Hacker Remix) / Alex Gopher – Party People (Acapella)
- Ferenc – Yes Sir I Can Hardcore
- Archigram – Doggystyle
- Uminski – Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger